You had a Bachelor’s Degree in International Business, what motivates you to persuade a career in UX?
- I really enjoy the way designer works! The methodologies designers use helps me generate creative and innovative ideas. And I enjoyed being inspired by my co-worker and users during the design process.
- UX fits more into my personality. I am used to being considerate. Besides, I love technology, and always wish to help more people enjoy the convenience and pleasence brought by technology.
- When I was studying International Business, I found I am more interested in theories and issues around human-beings, rather than managerial principles.
- International Business study offers me great chance to experience different cultures, and prepares me to be more cultural sensitive and always open to new ideas. Value sensitive design is an increasingly important concept as our communities are becoming increasingly diversified.
- Design is a multidisciplinary field. I believe the soft-skills, critical-thinking styles and the knowledge of business world I developed during undergraduate study can help me become a better designer.
Which one do you prefer, UX Research or UX design?
- A combination of craftsman and researcher is the best option for me.
- I enjoy doing hands-on design work. There is something satisfying about seeing your ideas through from sketch to live app or website. I especially enjoy getting feedback from people that something I’ve designed meets their needs and is easy to use. The highest praise is when someone calls a product I worked on ‘delightful’!
- But my curiosity towards the world and human-beings always motivates me to learn more through reading and researching.
What tools do you use?
- I usually do my sketches on Paper, an App on iPad.
- I used Photoshop, Axure, Omnigraffle ,Balsamiq and Illustrator (love it <3) to make prototypes.
- I used Pop to make interactive paper prototyping and conduct usability testing.
- I am always interested in learning other interesting ways of prototyping, and I am a fast learner.
Got a different question for me? Leave it in the comment section below!